- Ph.D., Economics, Johns Hopkins University (1983)
- M.A., Economics, Johns Hopkins University (1977)
- B.A., Economics, San Diego State University (1974)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- Association for Health Services Research (AHSR)
- International Health Economics Association (iHEA)
Health Economics, Public Health Workforce Training and Development, Health Information Technology, Managed Care and Provider Performance
Dr. Robert L. Seidman is an Associate Professor in the Division. Prior to joining the SDSU faculty, Dr. Seidman was an economist with the Office of Research, Health Care Financing Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. He spent two years as a National Institutes of Health postdoctoral fellow at the School of Hygiene and Public Health, John Hopkins University and was Visiting Scholar at the Centre for Health Economics, University of York (England). His scholarly interests and research focuses on public health workforce training and development, health information technology, health data analysis, and economic aspects of hospital and physician reimbursement and performance. Dr. Seidman has been the Principal Investigator and Director on a number of federally funded projects.
- Williams, S.J., Drew, J.A., Seidman, R.L., McGann, M.E., and Boulan, T. (1998) Health promotion workshops for seniors: Predictors of attendance and behavioral outcomes. Journal of Health Education. 29: 166-173.
- Seidman, R.L. Economic burden of uncompensated hospital care in California. The California State University: Faculty Fellows Program, 1998.
- Gunn, R.A., Rolfs, R.T., Greenspan, J.R., Seidman, R.L., and Wasserheit, J.N. (1998) The changing paradigm of sexually transmitted disease control in the era of managed health care. Journal of the American Medical Association. 279: 417-434.
- Williams, S.J., Elder, J.P., Seidman, R.L., and Mayer, J.A. (1997) Preventive services in a Medicare managed care environment. Journal of Community Health. 22: 417-434.
- Seidman, R.L. (1996) Health Care Economics. In Loveridge, C., and Cummings, S. (editors), Nursing Management: Principles and Practices. : Aspen Press, -.
- Williams, S.J., Seidman, R.L., Drew, J.A., Wright, B.L., Elder, J.P., and McGann, M.E. (1995) Identifying depressive symptoms among elderly Medicare HMO enrollees. HMO Practice. 9: 168-173.