Division of Health Promotion and Behavioral Science
Phone: (619) 594-3754
Office: HT 103
Download CV (pdf)
- PhD Sociology, Brigham Young University (2006)
- MS Community Health, Brigham Young University (2001)
- BSc Biological Sciences, University of Jordan (2000)
- Obesity Prevention
- Intuitive Eating
- Tobacco Prevention and Policy
- Middle East Health
Dr. Hala Madanat is a professor of health promotion at San Diego State University. She is a medical sociologist with strong interest in the role of culture, traditions, and western influence on health in the global setting. Her research focuses on the impact of westernization on diet and nutrition and has been working on developing nutrition education programs that emphasize health and biological hunger with emphasis on the Middle East and Middle-eastern populations in the US.
- For an up to date publications list see Google Scholar.