Division of Health Promotion and Behavioral Science
Albert W. Johnson Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Lecturer
Phone: (619) 594-2997
Office: 9245 Sky Park Ct, Suite 224/ HT 105
Download CV (pdf)
- MPH, Boston University (1984)
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, West Virginia University (1978)
- MA, Clinical Psychology, West Virginia University (1975)
- BA, Psychology, University of Nebraska (1974)
- Behavior Modification Applied to Health Promotion and Prevention of Chronic Disease Risk Factors in Children Adolescents
- Latino Community Health
- Dengue, COVID-19, and Other Areas of Infectious Disease Control
John P. Elder is Distinguished Professor in the Division of Health Promotion and Behavioral Sciences at San Diego State University’s School of Public, and Adjunct Co-Leader of the Cancer Prevention and Control Medicine at the University of California-San Diego. He received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Nebraska, a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from West Virginia University and an MPH from Boston University. He currently serves as Multiple Principal Investigator of an Alzheimer’s research training grant with UCSD, and with Dr. Noe Crespo as a Co-Investigator on a Covid-19 prevention grant.
Dr. Elder has authored 4 books and over 400 other publications in the areas of health promotion, disease prevention, and behavioral epidemiology. He has consulted for USAID, DoD, the Rockefeller Foundation and WHO projects in 34 different countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe, and has taught at universities in Germany, Spain, Mexico and Indonesia.
- For an up to date publications list see Google Scholar.