Division of Health Promotion and Behavioral Science
Associate Professor and Division Head
Download CV (pdf)
- PhD, Public Health (Health Behavior), San Diego State University/University of California San Diego (2009)
- MPH, (Epidemiology/Biostatistics), University of Southern California (2005)
- MS, Exercise Physiology, California State University Los Angeles (2003)
- BS, Exercise Science, California State University Los Angeles (2003)
- Chronic Disease Prevention
- Health Disparities, Minority Health, Health Equity
- Cardiovascular Health, Physical Activity, Sedentary Behavior, Diet, Fitness, Obesity, Type II Diabetes, Heart Disease, Cancer
- Community and Multilevel Interventions (schools, worksites, clinics, parks & recreation centers)
- COVID-19 testing, prevention, vaccine uptake
Dr. Crespo’s research focuses on reducing health disparities and conducting multi-level community- and family-based interventions to prevent chronic disease among Latinos and underserved populations. He has experience conducting multi-level and large-scale interventions to promote physical activity and healthy eating in schools, clinics and recreation centers. Dr. Crespo also studies the health consequences of sedentary behavior and conducts behavioral interventions to reduce sedentary behavior in worksites. More recently, he has conducted research to develop and test effective strategies to prevent COVID-19, increase testing for COVID-19 and increase COVID-19 vaccine uptake among underserved communities.
- For an up to date publications list see Google Scholar.