As the SDSU Graduate School of Public Health wraps up another great academic year it is a perfect time for us to share some of the 2016-2017 accomplishments and future plans for the GSPH Alumni Board.
Since launching our Alumni Board in 2015 we have grown from a half a dozen Alumni to a committed group of 12+ alumni members from classes representing every decade in our school’s nearly 40-year history. We have accomplished much more than we had initially set out to do when we first came together, including:
- Establishing a well attended alumni board that plans social, networking and career focused activities
- Collaborating with the SDSU GSHP Student Council
- Planning and holding 4 county-wide mixers providing opportunities to get to know 40-60 fellow students, alumni and faculty
- Hosting 2 philanthropy events – SD Beach Clean-up and Live Well SD 5K participation
- Hosting a first ever Career Planning Workshop
- Presenting and Attending at the GSPH Speaker Series for two years in a row
- Mentoring current students and alumni – resulting in new job opportunities (feature article on one example of a new career resulting from these connections is coming soon!)
As we prepare for the next school year we have plans to continue hosting social/networking events, continuing our career planning workshops and once again are forming a team for the Live Well SD 5K on July 30th. We are also adding a few new things to our list including participating at the Fall 2017 New GSPH Student Orientation day – a chance for alumni to attend a campus tour and get registered to mentor a current GSPH student.
We look forward to these upcoming events and would love to hear your suggestions or have you involved. Please connect with us on Linked In – or email us here and we will make sure you are in the know about all things GSPH!
Have a relaxing and enjoyable summer!