You may give to the School of Public Health immediately through the university’s central online giving site. All gifts are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Contribute Directly to the School of Public Health’s Special Funds
- Become a Sponsor for the APHA Reception, November 12, 2018
- Walter Hayhow Memorial Fund for laboratory student support
- Behzad Samimi Memorial Fund
Funding Opportunities – Faculty Support
By supporting faculty, you enhance the experience that students receive both inside and outside of the classroom, as well as the impact that faculty make within our local and global community. The School welcomes contributions at any level to support research and faculty development. Those interested in naming a fund may choose to consider one of the following opportunities:
- Faculty Teaching Award Endowment ($50,000 minimum): May be established in your name or in honor of someone else. Provide annual income, in perpetuity, to support teaching innovation and honor exceptional faculty.
- Faculty Research Fellowships ($100,000 minimum): Allow the university to recognize the most productive faculty or attract and retain faculty destined to achieve prominence in their field.
- Endowed Faculty Research Fellowships ($375,000 minimum): Allow the university to recognize the most productive faculty or attract and retain faculty destined to achieve prominence in their field, in perpetuity.
- Endowed Professorship ($1M minimum): Awarded to the most eminent scholars in their field to enhance their scholarly efforts and research.
- University Endowed Chair ($2.5-3M minimum): Represents the highest level of academic recognition at SDSU. These named positions will bring to SDSU internationally recognized faculty who will have a transformational impact on the University, our community, and nationally.
Funding Opportunities – Student Support
Scholarship support is essential to the success of the next generation of public health professionals. The School maintains a general scholarship fund that accepts contributions at any level. Those interested in naming a fund may direct their support to a specific program or student experience mutually agreed upon by the university and the donor. Opportunities include:
- Named Annual Scholarship ($25,000 minimum): May be established in your name or in honor of someone else. It is awarded annually to qualified students who meet pre-determined criteria. Potential criteria include financial need, statement of purpose, career interests, GPA, etc. Support may be pledged over 3-5 years.
- Named Endowed Scholarship or Award ($50,000 minimum): An endowment ensures that the scholarship is awarded in perpetuity. Endowments can be established through one-time gifts, pledge payments, bequests or other estate gifts.
- Distinguished Graduate Fellowship Endowment ($150,000): Provides a minimum annual income for one graduate student, in perpetuity. Scholarships may be expanded to include housing, board, textbooks, and other approved expenses.
- Named Full-Ride Annual Endowed Scholarship: ($600,000): Provides an anticipated level of income that will support a student’s tuition, fees, housing, board and textbooks.
Funding Opportunities – Program Support or Greatest Needs in the SPH
- General Funds: For the SPH to achieve its vision, funds raised for the general fund, can help support the school in its general needs. This includes funds that can be invested in faculty and student conference presentations, memberships to professional organizations such as APHA, providing “bridging funds” for faculty between grants, and support programs such as our international field experiences.
Contact the Dean’s Office
For special considerations and for more information, please contact the Dean’s Office at (619) 594-6151.