The School of Public Health is excited to offer a new program of study. Enrollment is open for the BS in Public Health – Emphasis in Environmental Health.
This degree is a fit for those who would like to study STEM through a public health lens. The coursework aligns closely with requirements for various graduate degrees, Master of Public Health programs, physician associate programs and more. Please contact your academic advisor to discuss if this major is a fit for you.
Selected Environmental Health-Specific Classes (units):
- BIOL 211L Fundamentals of Microbiology + Lab (4)
- CHEM 130 Elementary Organic Chemistry (3) or CHEM 232 Organic Chemistry (3)
- MATH 140 (3), MATH 141 (3), MATH 150 (4), or MATH 151 (4)
- PSY 101 Introductory Psychology (3) or SOC 101 Introductory Sociology (3)
- P H 304 Environmental Health (3)
- P H 451 Public Health and Food Safety (3)
- P H 452 Health Impacts of Climate Change (3)
- P H 538A Principles of Toxicology (3)