Interested in a Public Health Degree?
The public health major is an impacted program. To be admitted to major, students must meet the following criteria:
(1) Grade of “B” or higher in PH 101 and PH 292
(2) Grade of “C” or higher in BIOL 100/Lab; BIOL 212/Lab; BIOL 211; CHEM 100; PSY 101; SOC 101; SOC 201/PSY 280/STAT 119
(3) Cumulative GPA of 2.9 or higher.
- Transfer Advising Sheet (google doc)
- Community College Course Equivalencies (google doc)
- SDSU Transfer Admission Planner (SDSU-TAP)
- Need to take a Public Health Course not Offered at your school? Try Cross Enrollment at SDSU!
If you are interested in changing into public health from another major, your application for major change will be assessed at minimum with the following requirements:
- have received a grade of B or higher in Public Health 101
- have a strong interest in public health, and
- have completed 6-60 units and have an overall GPA and SDSU GPA of 2.9 (or higher) as well as a pre-public health major class GPA of 2.75 (or higher)