Interested in a Public Health Degree?
The public health major is an impacted program. To be admitted to major, students must meet the following criteria:
- Receive a grade of B or higher in Public Health 101 and 290. These courses cannot be taken for credit/no credit (Cr/NC);
- Complete each remaining course in preparation for the major with a minimum grade of C. These courses cannot be taken for credit/no credit (Cr/NC);
- Complete all courses in preparation for the major with a minimum GPA of 2.75;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.90 or higher
- Transfer Advising Sheet (google doc)
- Community College Course Equivalencies (google doc)
- SDSU Transfer Admission Planner (SDSU-TAP)
- Need to take a Public Health Course not Offered at your school? Try Cross Enrollment at SDSU!
If you are interested in changing into public health from another major, your application for major change will be assessed at minimum with the following requirements:
- have received a grade of B or higher in Public Health 101
- have a strong interest in public health, and
- have completed 6-60 units and have an overall GPA and SDSU GPA of 2.9 (or higher) as well as a pre-public health major class GPA of 2.75 (or higher)