Division of Health Promotion and Behavioral Science
Adjunct Assistant ProfessorOffice: Academy for Professional Excellence, 6505 Alvarado Road, Suite 107 San Diego, California 92120
Download CV (pdf)
- PhD, Public Health, University of South Florida (2014)
- Graduate Certificate in Evaluation, Center for Research, Evaluation and Measurement, University of South Florida (2013)
- MPH, Social Behavioral Health, University of Nevada Reno (2009)
- BA, Psychology, University of Nevada Reno (2007)
- Certificate of Gerontology, Sanford Center for Aging, University of Nevada Reno (2006)
Qualitative research; Evaluation; American Indian health; Substance abuse prevention; Community-based participatory research.
Dr. Margaret Walsh-Buhi is currently an Adjunct Assistant Professor for the School of Public Health (SPH) at San Diego State University. Previously, she was a lecturer in SPH who developed and taught courses on Indigenous Health, Theoretical Foundations of Health Promotion, Qualitative Research Methods, and Program Evaluation. Further, she works as an independent research consultant to support local, regional, and national health and human service agencies with grant writing, research development, implementation, and evaluation needs. Her research focuses on designing, evaluating and providing community-based, culturally-appropriate interventions for American Indian communities.